Saturday, April 14, 2012

Writing a Creative Personal Ad

Writing a Creative Personal Ad

Personal Ad


Writing an effective personal ad is a hard task for many people because you are writing about yourself which can seem a little vain but if you just apply a little effort, creativity and imagination you can create a story around all of your interests and personality traits. Below are a few sample profiles that we created based on fake people with specific interests and professions. Of course these were written by a professional copywriter but the most important thing to take from these profiles is the casual language and story telling structure. Keep your profile personal and talk about what you experienced in life, what you enjoy doing and what you are looking for in a partner.


Male, 36 БЂ“ architect БЂ“ likes eating out, sports and scary movies


I love my life. I love what I do. I love making the most out of opportunities and I want to share my life with a woman that feels the same way! I have a great sense of humor and need to be with a woman that can make me laugh; not only with jokes, but a few knee slappers definitely wouldnБЂ™t hurt your chances.


If youБЂ™re looking for a man that will try to win you over with bragging and possessions, youБЂ™re looking at the wrong profile. IБЂ™m an honest and modest guy who loves a night on the town at a fancy Italian restaurant, followed by a scary movie and a white cherry Slurpee!


IБЂ™m looking for a down-to-earth woman that is not afraid to try anything and everything, and is ready for whatever life throws at her. She must be prepared to laugh at everything БЂ“ including herself and if she knows what a БЂњfirst downБЂ« is, or what БЂњoff sidesБЂ« means, she would be just what the doctor ordered.


Male, 27 БЂ“ artist БЂ“ likes kung fu, reading and music



Painting is my lifeБЂ¦ but donБЂ™t run away just yet! I make a good living and have a lot of free time to spend with my elusive better half.б  IБЂ™m an easy-going, well mannered African American who, according to friends, is not too terribly rough on the eyes and does not need constant attentionБЂ¦ I can certainly entertain myself eighty percent of the time but would enjoy a partner in crime for the other thirty percent. (Math was never my strong suite.)


When IБЂ™m not relaxing on my couch with a Douglas Noц«l Adams book, listening to my favorite Wu-tang album or painting a self proclaimed БЂњmasterpieceБЂ«, IБЂ™m usually eating sushi with close friends or renting a classic Bruce Lee film.


IБЂ™m a sucker for a woman that expresses herself through art, music or performance and if you can prepare a delicious, home-cooked feast (or at least know a good delivery joint), IБЂ™m yours forever! IБЂ™m looking for someone who doesnБЂ™t mind staying in more often than not but is not afraid to go out on occasion and let her hair down БЂ“ someone who is well-read, optimistic, and has a good ear for music. Tell me about yourselfБЂ¦


Male, 30 БЂ“ contractor БЂ“ likes baseball, politics and children



IБЂ™m here with a positive attitude and IБЂ™m ready to meet new and interesting people with whom I can spend my free time. A long-term relationship could be nice, but IБЂ™m definitely looking for friendship for starters.


In the short span that I have walked the earth, IБЂ™ve done pretty much everything when it comes to employment and have won countless bets when people say they can guess a job IБЂ™ve never done at least once БЂ“ currently, I the owner of my own contracting business where I build houses for a living and I love every minute of it. I have two wonderful boys, ages six and eleven; they are everything to me and anyone that I choose to be with must love children! Oh, and baseball, because we are obsessed with the New York Yankees and spend a great deal of our free time attending games during the season БЂ“ and hopefully post season.б  My family is very close and extremely important to me and I get along best with people who feel the same way.


The perfect woman, to me, would be someone that can have an informed discussion about local or national politics and is not afraid to disagree with me or play devilБЂ™s advocate from time to time, gets excited about great seats at Yankee Stadium, loves or even has children and wants to see where our relationship leads while letting it set its own paceБЂ¦ no rushing.


Male, 40 БЂ“ software engineer БЂ“ likes travelling, wine and fine art


I’ve been to the beautiful Savannah Desert of South Africa, the Indian Himalayans and the sandy beaches of Thailand. I’ve meditated in rain forests of Central America, inhaling the intoxicating scent of the flourishing vegetation just after the afternoon rainfall. I’ve sailed from San Diego to the Caribbean БЂ“ but for all the paths I’ve traveled, ours have yet to cross.

Maybe I was facing the wrong direction in Germany, when I was cooking at a gourmet restaurant on the German Riviera and you strolled past? I looked for you in Spain, while I sat in a narrow alley cafц©; dipping my churro into chocolate so thick it reminded me of a cup of pudding БЂ“ bittersweet not just in taste, but in actual fact, because you weren’t there to share it with meБЂ¦ or were you? It’s not that my life isn’t full. Between family and friends, my work as a software engineer, my yoga classes, hiking and volunteering in my community, I’m happy in my life, especially giving service to others. Also, I consider myself a wine БЂњconnoisseurБЂ«, but what fun is great wine without you to share it with?


I see us hiking together, swimming, going to local art openings or museum, discovering out-of-the-way mom and pop cafes. We’ll probably be the last couple to leave, since we’re deep into a conversation not about people, but about ideas and philosophies. I’m loyal and sincere, and promise to treat you with courtesy and respect. If respect comes first, then true intimacy naturally follows. But consider yourself warned: I’m old-fashioned and will want to open doors for you! Since we’ll be discovering a whole new world together, I expect you’ll get your chance to open a door or two for me as well.


Male, 50 БЂ“ Col. United States Army (ret.) БЂ“ restoring classic cars, skydiving and water polo



After 20 exciting years serving my country as an Explosive Ordinance Disposal expert in the United States Army (I made things go boom), IБЂ™m ready to follow my dreams of restoring classic cars with a woman that will roll her sleeves up and jump right in there with me БЂ“ I have a 1920БЂ™s Ford Model T that needs БЂ

No comments:

Post a Comment